Skip to main content

Toying with cards

Hello everyone!

Finally, my life's stable enough so that I don't need to come here to empty my bag of complaints.

Today I want to write about something I've had in my head for a long time now. It's a card game focused on strategic positioning and object control.

This all started because my boss asked me to make a Design Brief for a card game. I was really interested in this kind of games by the time, so I accepted. But since the time for this was so limited I ended up relying too much in genre conventions.

Because of this, I felt the context couldn't contain the kind of combat I decided to use in the brief. There was a huge disconnect. And this has been coming and going from my mind since then. So I decided to put an end to this and start working on a design that could solve this. Hence the focus on positioning and object control.

There's another ingredient in the mix but it's quite difficult to explain and has a lot to do with a system that I'm still working on.

BUT!

I will be making a physical prototype soon and I really want to share my experience and photos here. So keep an eye on this.

See ya!