Skip to main content

Memories

Hello everyone!

Last week, lots of things happened in my work and personal life. This made me look back at how I was doing a year ago.

2014 started with me leaving my job. 

Well, I left it in December and it wasn't an official job since there was no contract involved. That was the last time I worked as an architect, not the last time I think or see things as one. I fear that may be impossible to avoid, but it has proved to be very valuable.

I worked as that for one month more or less, starting mid November. And I regretted every bit of it. For, many times it felt like they did not care about me. I got burned about it really fast, and my behaviour wasn't the best. I did not manage the situation well.

In the end I had a talk with my boss and expressed how I felt. I also told him that I wanted to quit architecture to pursue a career in game development. He did not take that seriously but wished me luck as he said goodbye to me.

A year later, I've finished the master with quite a good game and it's my third month in this videogame developer. I enjoy every bit of what I do everyday at work, I have great coworkers and I get paid (with a contract this time) more. Sounds pretty good to me.

But I also have to say that, by this time I was also starting to feel uncomfortable with my master's group.

By mid February I left them. 

Now they are preparing the revised version of their master's game for GameBCN. The first videogame incubator in Barcelona.

Things move fast. Faster as you grow older. This exercise is one of the things that Ricardo, a professor of the master, told us to do every year. Evaluate your situation in life, compared to your goals and to the people you care or that you cared about.

It can be a sad, overwhelming or super satisfactory exercise. For me it's being super weird and for now, there is only one thing that I know for sure.

I still love videogames, maybe like them even more now. And I'm curious the see where can I go from here. 

I really want to this same exercise in 2016 and be proud of what I've achieved.

Luckily I have a new goal, will to work and time to use. So wish me luck :P