Skip to main content

Side Projects

Hello everyone!

Sorry to post on Monday. Sunday was kind of crazy. Still, just one day later than what I had in mind.

This post is going to be exclusively on side projects. And I think I can't tell you a lot about them. So, instead I'm uploading more concept art than usual.

Let0s start with the first one.  This one was super fun to start because it helped me make some silhouette and body studies. Since this one needs to have a varied and colourful crowd it was a cool to design people of several weights and sizes.





The face and the expression they could communicate through their pose and animations was also super important. Because the player will need these kind of feedback in order to complete their suspension of reality within the game.


The second side project I'm talking a little bit today is also about people. But more on the society and civilisation kind of theme. Also, for this one I wanted to go back to the human-like animals for once. But drawing with lines and not values (like in my master's project).




These ones had to be workers. Farmers mostly. Just because this project is still very early in development and a lot of things are changing names, states and shapes. But the "workers" part seemed to stay as a strong foundation. So I went with it.



One important thing though, is that the style is not final. And also the fact that they're animals has not been approved as for now. So this might change a little bit.



And this is everything for the moment. I have to say, it's getting more and more difficult to participate in these projects when I have so many things to do. So maybe I'll quit some things that I have to do on a weekly basis in order to have more time for me (to relax and read!).

Hope you like these ones!

See ya!

J.