Skip to main content

Commitment

com•mit•mentn. 



  • a firm promise or pledge:
  • a strong or firm belief shown by one's actions; loyalty
  • a responsibility that takes up or occupies one's time


For most of my life I've been driven by commitment. Towards my friends, my family or my company. I haven't been able to fulfil it a lot of times. But as stubborn as I am, I will never stop trying to. 

Since I got the job I have now, I've been doing whatever I could to give something in return for the opportunity it was given to me. Sometimes I think about what could have happened if I could not get a job. How frustrated and angry I could be. 

But I got a job. And I wanted to show my commitment. First with my work time and production in a crunch environment. And after that I thought that wasn't enough. I needed something not for me. I needed for the team. Something physical.

So I decided I would not shave my bear until I finish one project. I did it with the first project. I did it with the second one. And I'm doing it with the current ones. 

It's something most of you might find pointless, but for the rest of the team and for me it means a promise. It's something we see everyday and that changes over time. It's a small symbol for the time and effort we put into the things we do.

It means we care about what we are doing and about the others making it. Nothing more, nothing less. 

So if you happen to find me somewhere and you notice I have a long beard, that means I'm in the middle of a project. Probably a long one :PThat's all folks, See ya!






Bearded J.