Skip to main content

Overworking

Hello everyone!

It's been 3 long weeks since I last wrote something here. And now I realise that the last post was about how a friend got fired. Such a coincidence, because a few days ago another friend decided to leave the studio for another job (although it was a great opportunity).

The reason I haven't been able to write more posts in a steady stream is that I had A TON of work to do lately.

It's no secret I'm helping in other projects, but they all decided it was time the artist had to do a lot of things at once.
Well, that's not true. Most of the times they let me organise the way I please. So if there is someone to blame, that is me and my disastrous ability to schedule my week.

To recap, I'm involved in a project with some of my classmates from the master. I'm also involved in a work side project, and inside the studio I've been working in two project I can't talk about. But now I'm already designing another project, as well as cleaning up my 2D and 3D portfolios and applying for a very important scholarship.

So A TON of work. 

But I've been remembering how much I used to work during my years in architecture school so, I took my time, I avoided stressing out and I'm already done with all the work I promised to do. Although that meant not going anywhere during this long weekend we had in Spain.

Anyway, I've not been able to draw lately, so I can't post anything. But I've been reading and playing quite a bit. So I'd like to recommend Rules of Play to everyone interested in Game Design. Also, I bought Good Omens from Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman and it's crazy good.

Finally I've been playing Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Hyrule Warriors on my WiiU. Just trying to complete the first and 100% the last one. But, the one I'm psyched about is called Box Boy. This one just came out and it's an amazing puzzle platformer. Check it out!