Skip to main content

When something clicks

Hey everybody.

It's been quite some time. And I have a feeling that every time this happens I come here and I write something like "sorry for this, I won't happen again :(( ".

And what I've realised is that I need to stop apologising and say the things up front. So here it goes:

I don't know how many times per week/month/year I can update my journal anymore. 

The amount of work I have is that big. I also moved out of my parent's house recently and I'm still adapting to the new daily routine.

Anyway, today I wanted to talk about how something clicked for me and my new flatmates.

So, we were playing Smash Bros for the WiiU before unpacking anything else for the flat. And we kept playing for the rest of the afternoon. We played normal smash, omega, smash for 8 and party mode.

But for a few matches we decided to switch the rules from "time" to "stocks". Until we played with and against amiibos. And the inevitable happened: the amiibos beat the crap out of us and we watched how they finished the match.

That lasted for about 5 minutes. And you can say that's not a lot of time. But after playing a game were the amount of decisions you make per second is so high, it felt like eternity.

And I have to say that I've ALWAYS played with stocks. That "time" mode made no sense to me. Until this happened.

I discovered how boring could be to watch smash bros game. And it clicked:

Timed mode seem more fair to a wider spectrum of people. Because time is something that everyone seems to understand.

This universal understanding is what I think I should go after in my games. So I'll try to do my best.

Nothing more for today. There's lots of work.

As always.