Skip to main content

Getting Procedural

Hello everyone!

Phew, that last post was kind of in the down side of things. I'm much better now.
I've been on holidays for a few days. I've finished a side project and I'm going to miss the 33th Ludum Dare.

:(

In the end, I just needed time to refill. In fact I've been really close to name this post that. Refill.
But whatever, naming things for what's going to happen, or is happening at the moment, is the new trend (in the relativity of time).

So, I've been using my spare time this summer to learn some of the newest texturing techniques that softwares like the Quixel Suite or the Allegorithmic products enable.
These mainly introduce artists to procedural texturing, that means we can produce more in less time. And PBR ready. Also, it means that I could be able to work with several maps, masks and all kind of info for several material characteristics at once.
Or using procedurally calculated masks to crate dust or time effects on, otherwise perfectly clean, materials.

I very interested in this kind of things, since the results are amazing and demonstrate that an artist can produce quality texture and materials for AAA development.

The next step might be working with Unreal. I really want to experiment with that engine.

But for the moment, I'll need to sculpt some nice 3D high poly models if I want to get on with Quixel.

I'll try to share everything I produce and update my artstation site.

See ya!